1st Shift Quality Assurance Inspector
Irving, Texas | Contract
Our client is headquartered in Dallas, Texas. As the world' s largest provider of new aviation parts and related aftermarket services, our client markets and distributes products for more than 240 manufacturers and offers approximately 2, 000, 000 catalog items from 40 customer service centers located in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
Quality Assurance Inspector
(7: 00am - 4: 00pm) Monday - Friday
Scanning picked parts in the QA department and send to Sr QA Inspectors. Complete part inspections on customer orders, determine FAA approval type and part application. Complete 8130-3 and non-regulatory documentation (ATA 106). Responsible for timeliness and accuracy of orders to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Certs and reports
- Parts and scanning
- Additional task as directed by Supervisor
- Complete part inspection on customer orders
- Visually inspect part to verify correct item, quantity, and part markings
- Use manufacturers paperwork to verify FAA approval and eligibility of parts
Meet inspection accuracy requirements
- Process pick parts into the QA department for inspection by QA Inspectors.
- Complete part verifications compliant to Company requirements.
- Work in other QA areas as directed by QA Leadership
- Route work according to its weight requirement and re-direct if necessary
- Complete verification compliant to Customer flow down requirements.
- Enter information in SAP and scan material in and out of QA
- 1 - 3 years of Quality experience: specifically Distribution and/or Aviation experience. Scanning parts, process picked parts into the QA department for inspection by the Sr QA Inspectors.
- Complete verifications of part numbers and labels.
- Data entry and standing on feet 8 hours per day.
- Experience with inspecting parts and scanning
- Experience in an ISO environment
- Basic SAP knowledge - Must Have
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Basic PC Skills
- Light typing and data entry skills
- Detail oriented a must
- Aviation background a must
- Experience is a distribution setting
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Steel toe shoes or composite toe shoes