Plano, Texas | Contract To Hire
This position provides care of the patients by monitoring cardiac rhythms. The technician ensures that the organization’ s philosophy, standards, policies and procedures are met and maintained in a professional manner. In addition, this position demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by Monitor Technician competency tests.
Key Accountabilities/Essential Functions:
- Monitors ECG data for patients throughout the United States
- Assess and interpret ECG monitor strips
- Formulates Daily and Cumulative Report according to protocol
- Open and clear all Important and Critical Events according to protocol
- Telephonic coordination of patient care and emergency protocols based on individual physician protocols.
- Telephonic support for patients being monitored including troubleshooting monitor devices.
- Recording and documenting patients ECG strips, interpretations and related activity/symptoms into the company website.
- Must comply to HIPAA guidelines concerning PHI (protective health information)
- Level II Technician: Level II Technician requirements consist of greater than 1 year experience. The Technician must have a passing score of 80% on the Advanced Arrhythmia exam and a passing score of 90% on the Intermediate Arrhythmia exam. Level II Technician will hold or will obtain CCI Certified Cardiac Technician (CCT) within 6 months of Level II position. Level II Technicians will also be able to review work completed by any technician and publish these studies with an error rate of less than 1%.
Education & Work Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- One year of experience as an EKG Technician required
- ECG interpretation experience required
- CCT required (within 6 months)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to relate and communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Possess strong and effective customer service skills.
- Display excellent judgement at all time
- Consistent attention to detail and follow-up
- Must be a team player, be flexible, and be a good listener with a high level of patience.
- Ability to manage sensitive, confidential issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload
- Strong organizational and time management skills
This job description is not intended to be inclusive and can change, be added to, deleted with or without notice due to business needs.
This work requires the following physical activities: climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed primarily indoors.