Electrical Test Equipment Technician
Roanoke, Texas | Contract To Hire
Contract to Hire position for a full time Electrical Test Equipment Technician in Roanoke.
This client provides electrical test equipment primarily used in the electrical testing function of the electrical power testing industry. The electrical test equipment technician will use testing procedures to ensure proper functionality of electrical test equipment. The technician will be expected to quickly and safely become familiar with new test equipment, and will be required to develop functional testing procedures and specify reference standards for new equipment. The technician will also assist the Technical Operations Manager in ensuring that appropriate procedures (functional testing and process) are being followed and appropriately maintained. The technician will be involved in repairing and troubleshooting equipment as necessary to meet customer requirements. Technicians may also be required to act as a team leader and provide direction and guidance to other technicians performing similar assessments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform functional tests on various test equipment using pre-determined procedures.
- Develop new functional test procedures both individually and with assistance
- Propose adjustments to existing procedures and test reference standards based on industry field experience, to improve ability to replicate field operations and identify common failure points of specific equipment.
- Diagnosing failures in various pieces of test equipment, with and without specific mechanical and electrical diagrams.
- Repairing test equipment.
- Document work and functional test results using company software for each unit assessed.
- Keep workstation neat, orderly, and free of safety hazards.
- Work in accordance with electrical and general safety rules and practices.
- Recognize equipment and specific applications it is used with.
- Prepare equipment and accessories for shipment.
- Pack test equipment in shipping boxes using spray foam system.
- Receive equipment from customers and vendors.
- Knowledge in electrical power systems; switchgear, and electrical substation maintenance preferred
- Ability to read electrical schematics and recognize electrical symbols
- Soldering and wiring experience with printed circuit boards and other components
- Strong computer aptitude, specifically windows environments
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others in verbal and written forms.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an equipment technician (PMEL, Calibration) or electrical test technician.
- Associates degree in applicable field, or equivalent military and/or vocational experience.
- Capable of lifting up to 45 lbs or more, and willing to move equipment as required.
Hours: Monday - Friday 9: 30 - 6: 30 possible overtime as needed
Pay Rate Technician - $18-24 hr
Pay Rate Lead Technician - $25-32 hr
Background check and drug screen required.