Forklift Operator - 1st shift Elmore City
Elmore City, Oklahoma | Contract To Hire
Fork Lift Operator III
Location: Elmore City, OK
Sit Down Forklift
- Perform work in a professional and safe manner, report unsafe work practices.
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage.
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Receiving/Put-Away: Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances
- May need to perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as required.
- Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars or trailers.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Operator a variety of equipment to load, unload and move materials and products around the warehouse.
- Carries out daily preventive maintenance on forklift.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Ability to maintain forklift certification.
- Ability to read and interpret written instructions and to write intelligible reports in English.
- Knowledge of plant lay out including location of finished products and raw material.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years previous material industrial warehousing experience considered an asset, with 6-12 months experience using heavy equipment.
Physical and Environmental requirements
- Medium work: Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- General manufacturing shop and yard environment including hot and cold environments.
- Some stress may occur, especially during summer months.
- Office environment – rarely.
MUST have steel toe boots, will wear safety glass and ear protection while working.