Health Information Specialist
Plano, Texas | Contract To Hire
The Health Information Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate handling of all requests that originate in the Reimbursements team for ongoing follow up purposes, including but not limited to, medical records, letters of medical necessity and ICD codes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the submission, receipt, processing and record keeping of all medical records, letters of medical necessity, and ICD codes, that originate in the Reimbursements Team.
- Update the assigned spreadsheet to notate all incoming medical records and ensure that they are received by the correct Reimbursement Team member, as well as notated in the Billing Team’ s software.
- Preform follow up requests with facilities and area sales managers via phone, e-mail or written letters when patient records have not been received.
- Maintain meticulously detailed notes in patient files, to include dates and times
- Answer patient, facility, and sales manager calls professionally and pleasantly
- Regular attendance and timeliness
- Follow HIPAA Protocols
- Dependability: The employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments. Being dependable also includes promptness, regular attendance and compliance with work/departmental policies, procedures and protocols.
- Communication & Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, peers, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationship with Others & Attitude: The employee works effectively and relates well with other including superiors, peers and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Self-Motivation & Initiative: The employee asks questions concerning projects and assigned tasks. The employees volunteer to take on additional responsibilities to meet the needs of the department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm with no errors
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Possess strong and effective customer service skills, both written and verbally, to include proper grammar with a position and friendly demeanor
- Clear English Dictation both written and verbally
- Absolute attention to detail
- Display excellent judgement at all times
- Ability to work overtime if needed