Help Desk - 2nd shift
Carrollton, Texas | Contract To Hire
- Pay Rate is $17/hour
- Training is Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM, 3 weeks
- After training, the shift will be 5 days per week, 3 PM to Midnight
- THE MORE FLEXIBLE THE CANDIDATE AND THEIR SCHEDULE, THE BETTER
- Location: Carrollton (Beltline and 35 area)
The Help Desk Support Technician is responsible for troubleshooting and diagnosing issues with clients' cash management machines. The Technician assists customers who are not familiar with the proper operation of their machine or a potential operational issue of the machine by diagnosing and repairing any technical problems that may arise via the telephone.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting assistance to end users via telephone on a variety of issues
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- May involve use of problem management databases and help desk system
- Works under immediate supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to translate technical knowledge into actionable direction
- Excellent customer service skills
- Mechanically inclined
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are will vary based upon scheduling and customer needs. This position encompasses daytime and nighttime shifts.
No travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required, an associate’ s degree is desirable
- 1-3 years technical help desk experience preferred
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a technical support industry (e.g. photocopiers, banking machines, cash registers)