Logistics and Spares Supervisor
Irving, Texas | Direct Hire
Logistics & Spares Team Supervisor
Our client is a leading provider of cash sorting equipment and software solutions to central banks, helping them to reduce the cost of handling cash. They have an immediate opening for a Logistics & Spares Team Supervisor located in Irving, TX.
This role is responsible for the supervision and direction of the warehouse, shipping, and spares team. Responsible for inventory accuracy for local and offsite warehouses and all warehouse functions, including shipping, receiving, and work order processing, Sales Order and Distribution Order processing and timely, cost effective delivery for systems and spares. Works closely with Production, Planning, Quality, Engineering, Project Management, Technical Support, Finance, Human Resources, etc. as necessary.
Key Responsibilities, Activities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for coordinating shipments based on input from Project Management, Production and Planning; communication with customer regarding sorter shipment readiness.
- Responsible for invoicing of the large sorters and upgrades.
- Provide paperwork as needed, including Commercial Invoice, shipping instructions, etc. to third party logistics provider.
- Manage third party logistics suppliers.
- Responsible for crating and uncrating of systems and upgrades and shipping through to site delivery.
- Coordination of logistics for PO drop shipments from DLR suppliers.
- Coordination of inbound logistics as required.
- Provide shipment quotations to sales and bid team staff.
Warehouse, Material Handling and Shipping, and Receiving
- Organization, records, and accuracy for local production warehouse and offsite storage.
- Planning and execution of Annual Physical Inventory.
- Cycle counts and location audits to support accuracy.
- Review stock holdings to identify scrap/rework opportunities.
- Maintenance of locations.
- Receiving materials from purchase orders. Reporting and reconciling discrepancies with Purchasing and Accounts Payable as necessary.
- Stocking of materials in an organized safe manner.
- Ensure that material is accurately pulled and issued to work orders
- Ensure accurate data entry is completed for work order issues.
- Ensure that materials are accurately pulled and processed for sales orders and distribution orders.
- Timely and accurate processing of Sales Orders and Distribution Order transactions.
- Responsible for the packing materials for shipments to alleviate damage potential through to receipt.
- Responsible for forklift operation within the warehouse.
- Responsible for maintaining supply levels to support shipping and warehouse requirements.
- Manage warehouse organization and housekeeping.
- Follow all safety rules and ensure safety procedures are followed.
- Manage day-to-day workflow to support 100% on time delivery.
- Manage stock levels including safety stock in line with business requirements.
- Analyze part usage trends to identify changes in inventory levels required in support of customer demand.
- Interface with other departments to resolve design, obsolescence and lead time issues.
- Prepare KPI and Business Analysis monthly reports.
- Resolve customer problems to restore and promote excellent customer service.
- Prepare annual spare part pricing structure.
- Coordinate with finance to update pricing module as required by customer demand.
- Analyze warranty claims and recommend investigations based on reoccurrences and trends.
- Evaluate system BOMs and prepare initial spare part recommendation.
- Investigate field returns to identify any supplier/manufacturing issues.
- Maintain up to date procedures and work instructions; participate in Internal Audits for Management System.
- Set Employees goals daily, weekly and monthly
- Provide KPIs for Spares, Shipping, Receiving, etc.
- Conduct bi-weekly one on one meetings with team as week as team meetings.
- Conduct and document employee performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Support ISO 9001 activities and seek continued improvement of procedures and practices that reduce costs, while maintaining or enhancing customer satisfaction, quality, and service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education preferred in the field of logistics, warehouse, or supply chain management.
- Minimum of 5 years logistics, warehouse, or supply chain management experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of shipping practices and required paperwork, including international shipping;
- APICS / Dangerous Goods certifications preferred.
- Experienced professional with a proven track record of continuous improvement. Exhibit knowledge with the most common lean tools such as value stream mapping, pull systems, one piece flow for both production and paperwork, mistake proofing processes, level scheduling, visual factory, etc.
- PC literate, highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Power Point.
- High level understanding of MRP/DRP/ERP systems, QAD MFG/Pro preferred.
This position is Monday - Friday. Company provides an excellent benefits package including PTO and holidays.