Irving, Texas | Direct Hire
Our Client is a leading provider of cash sorting equipment and software solutions to central banks, helping them to reduce the cost of handling cash. They have an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer located in Irving, TX.
The purpose of this role is to support the Mechanical group in the development of product functional specifications, technical design and development of products for the cash processing industry.
- Work with the mechanical team and internal customers (e.g. production, supply chain) to develop product functional specifications, technical design and detailed drawings for hardware/mechanical products used in the cash processing industry.
- Check first article blue line drawings
- Create engineering change orders and all other required documentation for new designs
- Create and modify 3d models and 2d detailed drawings of assemblies and individual piece parts to meet design criteria.
- Instruct Manufacturing on proper assembly & assembly documentation
- Assume responsibility for the technical aspect of assigned projects.
- Review customer requirements and estimate implementation time.
- Develop components for high speed document sorters.
- Develop and execute robust testing and validation procedures.
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) up to 30% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned or required. This job description is subject to change at any time.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES PREFERRED
The role holder must be able to demonstrate and evidence the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in related field
- Working knowledge & experience in Pro-Engineer/Wild Fire
- Working knowledge & experience with database management for Pro-Engineer, preferably Windchill
- Familiar with an Enterprise Resource Planning system (QAD preferred)
- Working knowledge & experience in proper assembly of designed products
- Working knowledge & experience in creating and interpreting detailed drawings
- Working knowledge & experience in evaluating design models for form-fit-function compliance
- Established track record of producing designs in a “ right first time” mode.
- Working knowledge & experience in MS Office suite, MS Project, MS Visio.
- Basic understanding & experience in mechanical engineering practices.
- Ability to work with little supervision or as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and learning skills.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.