Fort Washington, Pennsylvania | Contract
- Responsible for successfully managing payroll processes and related activities. Leads staff to perform and monitor activities necessary to process 1 or more payrolls, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and distribute reports for senior management.
- Develop and implement payroll operations and related policies, processes, and procedures.
- Document HR and Payroll processes, leveraging Standard Operating Procedures from payroll vendor
- Manage key reporting requirements and interface requirements for Accounting, Finance, and IT (e.g., GL )
- Implement and manage process related to tax filing and garnishments
- Management Responsibilities (if applicable): List titles that this position directly manages.
Essential Functions/Specific Duties: (Describe the employees major tasks. Include action verbs that depict what is done, why it is done and what decision-making is necessary for the role.)
- Manage payroll system configuration requirements and setup
- Manage all testing requirements for implementation as well as ongoing system and tax update
- Lead the payroll team to effectively complete payment calculations accurately and in an efficient manner according to payroll rules, exception policies and key deadlines
- Implement and Manage key controls for payroll processing and act as a coordinator with audit requirements.
- Seek to continuously improve end-to-end processing and establish best practices to meet complex, dynamic and changing business needs.
- Provide critical information and ad hoc analysis as requested by senior management.
- Ability to acquire information, develop and assist in the arrangement for the implementation of all system changes.
- Ability to develop, implement and communicate polices and procedures once strategic direction is established.
- Ability to lead small project teams for focused projects
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
Qualifications/Job Requirements: (Minimum level of requirements needed to perform the essential functions of the job.)
- Education: College or graduate degree in business or finance
- 5-7 years experience managing a multi-state payroll department, including staff
- At least 3 years of experience with payroll systems and related software programs.
- Professional HR training preferred
- Managing Processes, People Management, Data Entry Management
- Reporting Skills
- Compensation and Wage Structure, Benefits Administration, Worker Compensation, Employment Law, Developing Standards
- Financial/Accounting skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Financial Management
- Attention to Detail
- Highly organized
Conditions of Work: (Note any travel requirements, physical demands and/or overtime required.)
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends as needed
- May have limited travel