Rapid City, South Dakota | Contract
OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
Follow the credit dispute process and ensure the efficient use of company resources and technical capabilities in order to provide accurate credit report information to the major credit bureaus. Works with the Credit Reporting Department to investigate and facilitate the correction of data transmitted to all major credit bureaus. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ensures credit disputes are responded to accurately by reviewing FCRA, RESPA, investor and any additional applicable guidelines.
- Ensures credit disputes are responded to timely, according to designated service level agreement (SLA).
- Meet strict productivity goals per day utilizing e-Oscar, the Online Solution for Complete and Accurate Reporting of consumer credit history disputes.
- Makes certain that assigned credit disputes received directly from the borrowers or credit repair companies are researched and processed on a daily basis.
- Ensures updates are submitted for bankrupt accounts, repossessions and redemptions, paid/satisfied accounts, identity theft and other updates as needed.
- Ensures dispute items received through the e-Oscar system and the task process are entered into the tracking system and documented per company policy.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures set forth by Ditech for the credit dispute process.
- Examines work for accuracy, neatness and conformance with established policies and procedures and recommends additional activity when necessary.
- Assists in any additional department functions designated by management.
- At least 1 years Credit Reporting Data Furnishing and/or eOscar credit dispute investigation experience.
- Thorough understanding of the most recent CDIAs Credit Reporting Resource Guide.
- FCRA certification from the Consumer Data Industry Association or successfully complete the certification within 90 days of beginning employment.
- At least 2 years using the Black Knight Financial Services MSP mortgage servicing platform.
OTHER SELECTION CRITERIA
- Customer service/mortgage banking experience in a back office productivity environment
- Mortgage servicing experience preferred, including Bankruptcy, Loss Mitigation and Foreclosure.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good math aptitude
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Professional demeanor