Fort Washington, Pennsylvania | Contract
- Responsible for running payroll processes and related activities. Performs and supervises activities necessary to process 1 or more payrolls, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and distribute reports for senior management.
Essential Functions/Specific Duties:
- Audit new hire and salary change requests including auditing calculating retroactive, final and PTO payments
- Process all state tax withholdings requests
- Process Bonus, Severance, Retention, stock, relocation payments
- Process bi-weekly payroll, which includes locking, validating and committing payroll
- Process all manual checks, prepare and sort all paychecks for distribution
- Audit electronic timesheets for reasonableness in HRIS system
- Verify wage garnishments set up performed by third party administrator and ensure the proper execution of all garnishments
- Distribute reports to senior management and finance
- Process support for ach deductions for payroll taxes, wage attachments and 401k withdrawals
- Field employee email and phone inquiries
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
- Education: Associates degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, or related field; or the equivalent experience
- Experience: Minimum three (3) years of payroll experience required; and payroll systems highly preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state payroll wage laws
- Knowledge of basic payroll regulations and payroll procedures, and payroll tax experience
- Basic skill level in Microsoft Excel; proficient with spreadsheets, data processing,
- Ability to work well independently and under pressure
- Financial Management
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and documents with discretion
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
Conditions of Work:
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends as needed
- May have limited travel
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the positions requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties as necessary.