Reimbursement - Team Lead
Plano, Texas | Contract To Hire
The Reimbursement Specialists’ role is to file insurance claims and appeals on assigned accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for all collection activities on identified accounts
- Understands medical billing requirements for Medicare, Medicaid, contracted and commercial payers
- Monitors all contracts and single patient agreements to ensure that appropriate reimbursement is received
- Reviews and researches insurance correspondence and makes necessary corrections to ensure claims payment
- Processes a minimum of 30-50 transactions on a daily basis
- Timely process appeals on identified accounts
- Answers patient and facility calls professionally and pleasantly
- Regular attendance and timeliness
- Follow HIPAA protocols
- Dependability: The employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments. Being dependable also includes promptness, regular attendance and compliance with work/departmental policies, procedures and protocols.
- Communication & Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, peers, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationship with Others & Attitude: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, peers, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Self-Motivation & Initiative: The employee asks questions concerning projects and assigned tasks. The employees volunteers to take on addition responsibilities to meet the needs of the department.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm with no errors
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Possess strong and effective customer service skills telephonically to include proper grammar with a positive and friendly demeanor
- Absolute attention to detail
- Display excellent judgment at all times
- Ability to work overtime if needed
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required
- Team Lead experience preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience in health/medical billing and collections
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; dexterity to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other computer components. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8: 00 a.m. to 5: 00 p.m. with frequent overtime.