Plano, Texas | Contract To Hire
Relationship Managers must deliver outstanding service, collaborate with colleagues, work as a part of a team, and excel at meeting designated expectations. This position’ s focus is to assist the Branch Manager in ensuring quality interactions are delivered both internally and externally by all branch staff. Ascertain member needs and propose solutions that will meet and/or exceed their current and future financial needs. Expand member relationships through proactively identifying additional products and services. Responsible for overseeing operational processes and procedures. Assists branch personnel with problems and issues related to member service and operations. Operates the branch in the Branch Manager’ s absence.
The following sections (Essential Duties & Responsibilities, Position Expectations and Skills & Abilities Required) include only the minimal standards required for successful performance. Additional duties and requirements may be assigned by leaders as deemed appropriate. The incumbent of this position is expected to adhere to the content of this job description as well as the Company Core Values of Accountability, Teamwork, Trust, Integrity and Excellence. Failure to perform all of the essential duties and position expectations contained in the job description at a satisfactory level as assessed by leadership will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Works with the Branch Manager to ensure the branch’ s objectives and goals are achieved.
2. Guides staff in delivering service excellence both externally and internally.
3. Ensures staff is fully cross-trained and operating as a high performing team.
4. Generates, sells, and services consumer accounts to expand member base.
5. Conducts offsite business calls and outbound phone calls to attract and/or expand relationships. Sell and cross sell products and services to prospects and existing members.
6. Maintains working knowledge of all operational and lending procedures and regulatory requirements.
7. Ensures that all SOPs are followed and exceptions are supportable; assists with the development of standard operating procedures related to operational functions, as requested by management.
8. Performs transactions for members including but not limited to the following: open accounts, originate loans, process branch staff transactions, resolve service issues, etc.
9. Assists Branch Manager with staff performance reviews, salary adjustment recommendations, hiring or performance improvement / disciplinary actions.
10. Performs branch audits, places cash orders, and guides staff in the Branch Manager’ s absence.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Increase the company' s market share and profile/awareness in the community to identify and maximize member and market opportunities.
2. Monitor and take necessary actions to maintain branch profitability.
3. Provide friendly, prompt, professional and accurate service and support to all members, co-workers and partners.
4. Accomplish assigned projects according to policy and procedures, keeping senior leadership informed of any problematic areas.
5. Demonstrate and maintain the ability to express oneself, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
6. Demonstrate sound problem solving and decision-making skills.
7. Maintain a results-oriented and proactive ability to balance multiple high-priority initiatives/projects concurrently and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and within prescribed deadlines.
8. Demonstrate leadership skills of accountability, critical thinking, fiscal responsibility and strategic planning.
9. Professionalism in appearance, dress, and attitude with ability to cope with stressful situations and maintain a calm and professional demeanor.
10. Consistently develops subject matter expertise to ensure knowledge keeps pace with changes in regulations, laws and best practices.
11. Adapts to and endorses change and serves as positive change agent to support Company goals and direction.
12. Assists Branch Manager and credit union executives with achievement of strategic initiatives.
13. Available to work weekends or extended hours as required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Education/Certification: Two years of college in Business or equivalent experience. Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) registration with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) required.
2. Experience: Three or more years experience in the financial services industry
3. Required Knowledge: Must possess a working knowledge of teller and balancing functions, loan documents and processes, and deposit products and services
Proficient in Microsoft Products
4. Knowledgeable about core processing systems
5. Compliance with Federal Bank Secrecy and Money Laundering rules required
6. Other Skills: Ability to multi task
7. Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
8. Ability to motivate/influence with diplomacy
9. Strong internal and external sales skills
10. Ability to establish internal and external referral relationships
11. Ability to work as a team with other departments