Saw & Deburr Operator - 1st shift - Fort Worth - TX
Lake Worth, Texas | Contract To Hire
Job Title: Saw Operator I
Under direct supervision, responsible for setup and operation of band saws. Set up and operate power saws (reciprocating, band or circular) to cut materials to required length or contour in accordance with specifications. Install saw blades prescribed for some type of material, set stop gauges, saw speeds and indexing mechanisms such as may be provided for automatic positioning of materials. May be required to replace and align band saw. Position and secure materials on bed of machine using clamping arrangements of fixturing devices; check pilot piece for dimension. Contour cutting on band saw may require the scribing of cutting lines on materials from templates or the setting of radius pins for circular cuts.
• Set up and operation of band saws
• Set up and operate power saws
• Install saw blades prescribed for some type of material
• Set stop gauges, saw speeds and indexing mechanisms
• Check pilot piece for dimension
• Knowledge of use of scales, tape measures and squares.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.