Supplier Quality Engineer - Fort Worth - DIRECT HIRE
8701 Eagle Mountain Cir Fort Worth, Texas 76135 | Direct Hire
Performs standard engineering assignments which can be non-routine in nature and are typically a limited portion of a larger project. Develops and implements production methods. Recommends and implements improvements in the production process. Recommends appropriate materials, and/or techniques to carry out a specified sequence of standard engineering tasks. Receives specifications and design constraints from team leader. Provides product support, manufacturing support, and failure analysis. May assist technical support teams in testing new applications and problem solving. Handles special projects, as assigned.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Analyze manufacturing processes to remove safety hazards.
• Partner with product designers, safety, materials management, quality, and operations to deliver and execute manufacturing solutions for a custom and standard product line.
• Provide on-going product design input for DFMA, drive manufacturing process development with a focus on lean principles.
• Communicate project status and impacts to project team and leadership, synchronize project models and the business case and develop business case scenarios to manage risk.
• Establish and own project success metrics, and deliver to project milestones.
• Lead process improvements, standardized work, hands-on error-proofing, and investigation and root-cause analysis.
• Lead continuous improvement and error-proofing projects aligned with Lean Quality Manufacturing principals.
• Utilize effective process improvement techniques to optimize overall manufacturing error-proofing system performance by provided innovative, low cost solutions.
• Able to analyze customer data to determine effective corrective actions and monitor improvements over time.
• Identify opportunities to continuously improve quality, cost and customer satisfaction metrics.
• Handle all Engineering support for Manufacturing including ASME, API, structural/mechanical.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Basic analytical skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of general principles, concepts, theories, and practices of applicable discipline.
• Bachelor' s Degree in Engineering.
• 2+ years of experience.