Field Service Tech - Midland, TX
2216 E. County Road 123 Midland, Texas 79706 | Contract To Hire
POSITION TITLE: Field Service Technician
POSITION LOCATION: Midland, TX
POSITION PAY: $17+/hr DOE
Shift: - 5 am - 5 pm - Monday - Friday - Every other Saturday
# of openings: 6
The Field Services Technician is responsible for the execution of field service work associated with the installation and service of the Global Tubing coiled line pipe products. The functional group also supports development of field processes, equipment, and logistical strategies to assure jobs are completed in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Responsible for the execution of product installation, service, and maintenance activities. Typical activities to include jobsite evaluation, product installation, and product repair, equipment inventory, equipment maintenance and repair, etc.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must understand and comply with all company safety rules and regulations.
- Able to complete all documentation as required.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Capable of performing on the job training of equipment.
- Work assignments carried out to highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Knowledge of basic electronics.
- Knowledge of oil field drilling terminology and processes.
- Ability to maintain small equipment, hydraulics, generators etc.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- High School Diploma required.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- 1-2 years of experience.
- Experience with operation of general construction equipment preferred.
- Hands-on work experience with flexible or pipeline pipe products preferred.
- Required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Domestic travel as required.
- Work in hot, cold, and direct sunlight conditions in all types of oil-field construction environments
- Moderate to loud noise consistent with that of oil-field and construction activites.