Plano, Texas 75024 | Contract To Hire
Work Schedule: Mon-Friday 9: 00 – 6: 00
Location: Plano TX 75024
Pay rate: $20.00 + (depending upon experience)
Experience: 3 years minimum recent Human Resources experience. This position will have recruiting responsibilities, payroll support, pre employment screening and various other related HR administrative tasks.
- Provide support for the Human Resources (HR) department that includes a range of day-to-day duties to be handled with confidentiality and discretion.
- Areas of responsibility include support of benefits administration, back-up and assist with multi-state bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll processing, assist in recruiting efforts, HRIS audit and maintenance, audit and maintenance of electronic and paper storage of employee records, new employee orientation and onboarding assistance, and assisting with administration of policies and procedures related to compensation, performance management.
- Provides support to leaders and employees to assist on HRIS functionality and with compensation, performance management tool and other HR processes/procedures.
- Interface with staff, leadership, vendors and visitors to the credit union.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support leadership and employees through a variety of HR functions including benefits, recruiting, employee orientation, performance management, payroll and policies and procedures.
- Submit work orders to the Information Technology (IT) department for all personnel changes (new hires, terminations, transfers, title changes, etc.).
- Process, track, audit, maintain and file all I-9 verifications.
- Provide assistance and guidance to employees and leaders with benefits administration, including audit and maintenance of all modules in the payroll/HRIS database as well as accuracy of vacation and sick balances.
- Track, distribute and post all required health and welfare carrier plan notices to employees.
- Maintain company intranet HR department page with health and wellness newsletters, required postings, various carrier required information, etc.
- Audit and track health and welfare invoices, process and submit for payment to the Accounting department in a timely manner.
- Assist Senior HR Generalist with 401k administration, including support of annual census and external audit, forced distributions and clean-up of plan. Send and track distribution of required plan notices to all plan participants (both active and termed with balances).
- Assist Senior HR Generalist with multi-state bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll processing to ensure timely and accurate results including entering payroll data and submitting payroll reports to Accounting.
- Audit payroll data for accuracy each payroll cycle. Assist with quarterly and annual payroll data audits. Assist Senior HR Generalist with responding to various tax agencies and completing required reporting.
- Audit and maintenance of HRIS system, including entering new employees, updating all employee information such as pay rates, tax changes, direct deposit, benefits information, update demographics, changes of status, transfers and terminations, etc.
- Validate and process all invoices related to payroll.
- Maintain current complete and accurate electronic personnel and paper files, including tracking retention periods for documents and proper storage or disposal of documents, such as payroll, tax documents, personnel records, I-9’ s, etc.
- Process in a timely manner and review for accuracy tuition reimbursement requests.
- Process timely verifications of employment assist staff with employment letters and other information as requested.
- Assist Senior HR Generalist with workers’ compensation annual bond renewal; also provides support to complete department and credit union audits.
- Maintain Leave of Absence (LOA) tracking log, adjust employee’ s vacation accruals, prepare payback of insurance premiums, send necessary employee correspondence, etc.
- Process all workers’ compensation claims, prepare and post OSHA logs, maintain records. Assist with annual workers’ compensation audit.
- Assist leaders with separation guidelines. Act as back-up to Senior HR Generalist to conduct post-separation calls with terminated employees to explain benefits continuation, final wages, etc.
- Assist Senior HR Generalist with support of the unemployment process via follow up with vendor/power of attorney in response to unemployment agency requests for separation information.
- Support recruiting function as needed.
- Assist Senior HR Generalist with labor law posters/workers compensation posters/E-Verify, etc., and track distribution and compliance with all branches.
- Prepare reports and spreadsheets for various external and internal agencies and departments on a recurring basis. Prepare reports, presentations, and spreadsheets to support leadership and HR.
- Remain current on changes within the legal, regulatory, economic, competitive and technology environments, which may affect the HR function.
- Conduct all HR functions in accordance with applicable statutes (e.g., EEO, OSHA, ADA, FLSA, etc.).
- Perform specific and delegated duties as assigned by the SVP/CAO.
- Maintain complete confidentiality and discretion of HR/personnel information.
- Ability to express oneself, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Consistently demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Comprehend complex functions and be able to disseminate that knowledge in a clear and understandable format to others.
- Foster a customer service orientation with ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments. Demonstrates tact in dealing with others.
- Demonstrate sound problem solving and decision-making skills with ability to exercise effective judgment and sensitivity to changing needs and situations.
- Results oriented with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to complete assigned projects accurately within prescribed deadlines.
- Professionalism in appearance, dress, and attitude with ability to cope with stressful situations and maintain a calm and professional demeanor to perform effectively under competing and/or conflicting demands on time.
- Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new HR techniques, tools, methods, best practices and procedures. Participate in development of methods and procedures to improve effectiveness and efficiency of HR function.
- Utilize a range of computer applications, and ensure accuracy and quality of work. Prepare routine and special files and reports by conducting necessary analysis to identify trends and issues.
- Consistently develop subject matter expertise to ensure knowledge keeps pace with changes in regulations, laws and best practices.
- Adapt to and endorse change and serve as positive change agent to support Company goals and direction.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Education/Certification: Associates or Bachelor’ s degree preferred (high school degree required).
- Experience: Minimum three years HR experience with commensurate communication, critical thinking, reasoning and math skills. Multi-state payroll and Recruiting experience a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of current HR policies and practices Knowledge of employee and benefit regulations
- Knowledge of benefits administration, position classification, and salary surveying; knowledge of performance appraisal processes
- Knowledge of OSHA, ERISA, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, HIPAA, COBRA, EEO/AAP and other applicable federal and state laws
- Compliance with Federal Bank Secrecy and Money Laundering rules required.
- Other Skills: Strong communication skills (verbal and written) Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize work responsibilities to support competing priorities and deadlines Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with focus on responsiveness to inquiries and issues