Patient Account Representative Supervisor
6700 Pinecrest Drive Suite 200 Plano, Texas 75024 | Contract To Hire
This position is responsible for the supervision and leadership of the Patient Account Representatives ensuring accurate and excellent customer service communication at all times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists with the selection, training, scheduling, coaching, counseling and disciplining of team
- Sets goals and job expectations
- Determines productivity, quality and customer service standards
- Resolves problems and identifies system improvements
- Creates a monthly task rotation schedule for team
- Develops and updates the PAR Training Manual and checklists
- Responds to and resolves escalated calls with both tact and compassion while remaining within the boundaries of company policies and protocols
- Completes quarterly and annual reviews on all team members
- Follows departmental and company policies, leads by example
- Able to perform all essential functions and duties of a PAR
- Regular attendance Maintains strictest confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS (DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Monitors daily workloads for individual patient account representatives, following up to ensure all steps have been completed and redistributes tasks as necessary
- Sets up team meetings to discuss changes in policies and procedures
- Reviews team work for accuracy and content
- Develops and maintains team spreadsheets for tracking purposes
- Dependability: The employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments. Being dependable also includes promptness, regular attendance and compliance with work/departmental policies, procedures and protocols.
- Communication & Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, peers, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationship with Others & Attitude: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, peers, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Self-Motivation & Initiative: The employee asks questions concerning projects and assigned tasks. The employee volunteers to take on addition responsibilities to meet the needs of the department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Ability to read and interpret Explanation of Benefit statements
- Ability to relate and communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Possess strong and effective customer service skills.
- Display excellent judgement at all time
- Consistent attention to detail and follow-up
- Must be a team player, be flexible, and be a good listener with a high level of patience.
- Ability to manage sensitive, confidential issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work overtime if needed
This position is responsible for supervising seven to fifteen (7 - 15) employees.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post high school education
- 1-2 years supervisory experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in medical customer service driven environment
- Prefer knowledge of Medical Terminology