Processor - Payoff
345 Saint Peter St Saint Paul, Minnesota 55102 | Contract
Payoff - Processor
- Assist the department with indexing, scanning, and approving payoffs received through the Check 21 process.
- Process payoffs received from third party vendors via wire or check using various Visual Basics programs.
- Analyze associated data and perform payoff transaction maintenance that ultimately resolves Loan System corrections.
- Responsible for ensuring system data integrity when performing required Loan System financial field maintenance by taking ownership of their assigned tasks and working each to full resolution.
- Manage all internal and occasional external telephone inquiries in a professional manner.
- Accurately prepare, process, and balance all payoff reports for Check 21 processing, third party items, invalids and miscellaneous payoff batches.
- Research incoming wires received for payoffs and default services
- Use of multiple Visual Basic programs for processing and tracking workflow and volumes.
- Research past loan history and identify necessary adjustments that ensure the payoffs are posting correctly
- Modify payoff transaction system data while maintaining data integrity and appropriately adjusting the loan record
- Assist the Supervisor with various activities needed to bring other team members current
- Helps to ensure that all Department servicing objectives are either met or exceeded.
- Knowledge of loan servicing operational processes a plus
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong numerical aptitude
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 10 key by touch
- Able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, and weekends
- Previous computer experience and/or knowledge required
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines in a fast-paced highly stressful environment
- Post high school education preferred
- 1 to 2 years of experience in business process analysis or equivalent role