Line Operator (Night Shift) - Springfield, MO
4707 E Kearney St Springfield, MO 65803
When You Will Be Working
The Line Operator schedule is as follows: Day Shift Hours are 8am-8pm. Night Shift Hours are 8pm-8am
Rotating Schedules- 32 hours one week/48 hours the second week and so on ...
How Much You' ll Be Making
$13/hr Day Shift and $14.00 per hour for Night Shift
If hired on after contingent period you are eligible for a $1000 sign on bonus (After 60 days $250, after 120 days $250, after 180 days $500)
What You' ll Be Doing
- Line Operator is responsible for maintaining the quality of the extruded product throughout the production process and its packaging.
- Uses reel components to build reels to size specifications.
- Places the correct reel into the coiler and prepare for the start up.
- Monitors print and footer markings and makes corrections as needed.
- Monitors for continuous stripe (if required)
- Knows and understands the quality requirements for all products being produces
- Makes all checks that may be required to assure that the product meets order requirements. Before making necessary adjustments, informs the line supervisor.
- Ensure wraps on reels are neat and cuts conduit, ties off and caps conduit when each reel is complete.
- Removes reel from coiler using forklift (will train) and transports the finished product into inventory.
- Grinds line scrap as it is produced and stacks up
- Assists the line supervisor in line start-ups
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
- Assists the other line operators in cutting conduit, tie-offs, and reel changes
- Follow all safety requirements for this position and all company safety guidelines.
- Completes appropriate paperwork to ensure accurate inventory transactions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Why You' ll Be Awesome At This Job
- Line Operator has the ability to write and read English
- Ability to perform simple math including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and take measurements
- Ability to drive a forklift (Will train)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Physical labor background preferred (i.e.Maintenance or Construction background)
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing- Must be able to lift more than 100 lbs with reasonable assistance and able to lift 50 lbs with or without reasonable assistance- 0-24% of time spent on activity