345 Saint Peter St Saint Paul, MN 55102 | Contract
Will be responsible for assisting tax department in meeting all filing and reporting obligations including preparation of federal and state estimates and tax returns, tax provision calculations and applicable journal entries, assistance with tax department mail and notice log, tracking of cash payments and receipts related to tax filings, complex monthly and quarterly calculations related to tax basis in assets, and other tax projects such as due diligence and research on an as needed basis.
Essential Functions/Specific Duties:
- Perform detailed calculations of tax asset basis amortization/accretion and prepare summary reports and analytics related to such on a quarterly basis.
- Track and prepare summary reports related to cash payments, receipts and carryovers related to tax filings.
- Assist with federal and state tax compliance, federal and state income tax projections and estimates including preparation of state apportionment, quarterly tax payments and filings, and preparation of supporting workpapers and forms.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly tax provision calculations including creating journal entries, analytics and explanations of projected to actual variances and reconciliations of general ledger tax accounts.
- Assist with tax administrative work such as review, tracking and responding to federal and state notices, inquiries and audits.
- Assist with SOX requirements for the tax department.
- Miscellaneous tax projects on an as needed basis
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- 1-3 years accounting experience, preference for experience in tax area.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- General knowledge of federal and state tax law
- Understanding of GAAP requirements and SOX controls.
- General understanding of ASC740 (fka FAS109)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the Accounting Team as well as across Business Partner' s team