Mail Sorter - Fort Worth, TX
Fort Worth 76137
How Much You’ ll Be Making
Sweepers make $9/hr.
What You' ll Be Doing
The Sweeper position is responsible for assuring that the mail is properly sorted and placed in trays and sleeved according to USPS regulations. This position is required to meet departmental standards which include hourly quotas, quality standards and procedural adherence.
- Checks mail to assure it is sorting to the proper bin, according to the current sort scheme.
- Maintains a constant check for full bins, fallen letters and rejected mail.
- Clears jams immediately and places recovered pieces in correct bins.
- Checks the meter impression for correct date, money and endorsements legible.
- Properly tray mail as it comes out of bins.
- Monitors the print quality of the barcodes and assures correct barcode is being sprayed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Physical and environmental demands include:
- Bending, reaching, standing and walking, light to moderate lifting (up to 50 lbs)
- Exposed to machinery/ equipment and excessive noise.
- Production or manufacturing experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.