Accounting Coordinator - Houston, TX
This position will be responsible for completing assigned general ledger accounts, bank reconciliations, and work with servicing operations on process changes, as assigned. Position will report to the Accounting Supervisor and/or Manager for loan servicing operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile general ledger accounts as needed Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations as assigned.
- Accounts can include corporate, investor or clearing accounts.
- Expected frequency can vary by account Work with Servicing operations on process changes that affect the accounting department.
- Prepare and complete accounting entries for assigned general ledger accounts
- Update procedures as needed Identify and post cash receipts into the accounting system daily, SAP
- Prepare supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
- Complete steps within monthly close schedule Works with internal and external auditors.
- Performs related duties as required Completing documented controls for SOX compliance Ad hoc projects Ad hoc analytical work
- Familiarity with GAAP concepts, practices and procedures. Mortgage servicing or financial services experience is a plus SOX Control environment and framework is a plus Reconciliation experience is a plus Working with IT or other upstream areas on process improvement is a plus.
Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting or years of Accounting Experience
- Understanding and interpretation of accounting theory Efficient with MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Strong Excel skills are essential
- Database experience is a plus Experience with SAP is preferred Independent and capable of making initial suggestions
- Able to organize and present information clearly and accurately within excel or PowerPoint.
- Able to operate in a quickly changing environment with respect to supporting systems and adjusting procedures to move forward with the business Well organized, effective time management, prioritize and allocate workload for optimum efficiency and consistently meet established deadlines Strong verbal and written communication skills Strong team player.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality
- Shows initiative and is able to adapt to change Effective problem solving skills
- Strong work and business ethics