2151 Mizell Rd Liberty, TX 77575
Do you have Manufacturing experience?
Join a global oilfield products company, serving the drilling, subsea, completion, production and infrastructure sectors of the oil and natural gas industry. Our products include highly engineered capital equipment as well as products that are consumed in the drilling, well construction, production and transportation of oil and natural gas.
POSITION TITLE: Structural Welders
POSITION LOCATION: LIBERTY, TX
POSITION PAY: $14-16 hr DOE (will be eligible for increase upon 60 days based on experience, attendance and performance)
Shift: 7 am - 6 pm - Monday - Friday with OT on Saturdays as needed
# of openings: 2
Summary: Under direct supervision, performs simple, basic welding applications. Understands how to perform visual and in-process inspections in accordance with API and ISO quality specifications. Develops skill to read and interpret blueprints. Helps facilitate the team in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving welding problems that enhance through-put within the work team. Supports the team and team' s objectives. Learns skills to pass periodic welding tests and qualifications in compliance with qualification procedures.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform work in a professional and safe manner, report unsafe work practices
• Selects fabrication equipment and plans layout, assembly and welding procedures.
• Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
• May assemble parts by bolting.
• Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts. In some cases fabrication equipment may be uses to perform the function above such as plate rolling machines, plate cutting machines, cutting torch or other welding fabrication equipment.
• Clean and stamp all welds, set-up/run all structural non-code welds, know how to run all welding equipment, ability to read drawings, WPS’ s/PQR’ s, knowledge of PT, MT, UT, RT methods
• Helps facilitate the team in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving welding problems that enhance through-put within the work team.
• Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere to the Company’ s ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
• May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Must have a strong understanding of how to interpret and use blueprints, welding specifications and welding procedures.
• Must be able to use and read welding measuring devices to include and not limited to squares, levels and tape measures.
• Must be able to take and follow written and oral instructions.
• Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
• Must be able to make repair welds using fabrication equipment to include but not limited to using cutting torches, hand grinders, surface grinders and wheel grinders.
• Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing for the purpose of calculating material fabrication.
• High School Diploma or equivalent diploma.
• 1 year or less of experience.