2216 E. County Road 123 Midland, Texas 79706 | Contract To Hire
Plant Admin Assistant - Midland, TX
- Manages the general business office activities including mail distribution, duplicating services, central filing, purchasing of office supplies and other related duties.
- Manages office services vendor relationships.
- Has supervisory responsibility. May evaluate and recommend changes in methods or procedures.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Assists in establishing a work culture that ensures a safe and healthy work environment.
- Supervises and coordinates overall administrative activities for the office.
- Provides administrative support to Plant Manager as needed
- Provides administrative support to Human Resources as needed
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations within the office.
- Assists various divisions with special projects.
- Assists Human Resources with recruitment and scheduling interview process, new hire orientations, new hire paperwork.
- Compile and enter payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance and 401K deductions.
- Review and approve bi-weekly payroll information for completeness and accuracy before submission to UltiPro for processing. Includes maintaining payroll spreadsheet.
- Schedule meetings as requested by management.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of facility.
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally.
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Coordinates catering and set-up of events for customers and/or employees.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc. for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Requires excellent communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Microsoft Office experience: Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Human Resources experience / exposure preferred.
- Supervisory experience.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- 3- 5 years of experience in office administration, including some supervision.