2350 Airport Freeway Suite 505 Bedford, TX 76108
We have partnered with the leader in family entertainment; a phenomenally-fast growing indoor family theme park franchise that needs a highly motivated and detail-oriented Design Engineer to help it roll-out its aggressive growth schedule.
The ideal candidate has a minimum 10 years of active Architectural or Engineering Design experience that enjoys building design, process design, attraction design and loves being a part of a fast-paced team. The ideal candidate has knowledge of drafting standards, US building codes and permitting processes as well as proficiency in AutoCAD. The ideal candidate will create a system to ensure checks and balances on manufacturer-provided design files and then coordinate the attraction installation with manufacturers, contractors, engineers and architects.
- Lead the attraction design process for each new park location.
- Coordinate with engineering firms for state/county/city attraction certification and approval process for new park development.
- Review all park plans and creatively determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Must determine and double check the appropriate load calculations for attractions installations.
- Organize and coordinate park attraction inspections with appropriate state/county/city government officials.
- Attend pre-construction meetings with general contractor and franchise owners.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks on multiple projects
- Strong customer service commitment
- Assumes Responsibility - self-starter with willingness to interact as a team player and take independent initiative
- Manage design file history per park location
- Minimum of 10 years of active Architectural or Engineering Design experience
- Bachelor’ s degree required
- Working knowledge of IBC and/or ASTM F2970 and F1918
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable managing multiple projects at the same time
- Likes an independent working environment with limited supervision
- Able to meet deadlines and flex priorities as issues arise
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat, MS Excel, MS Word and general computer skills
- Highly respectful towards the team, franchise owners and vendor-partners
- Health Benefits
- 401(k) Program
- Daily dress code of “ business casual”
- A positive work environment
Our client is the nation' s fastest growing Family Entertainment Company. They offer a variety of safe, fun and affordable activities 7 days a week to families all ages. Their award-winning business serves customers across the United States with expansion also occurring in the United Kingdom, Europe and Middle East.
Job Type: Full-Time
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.