Behavioral Analyst (BCBA) - Dallas, TX
Behavioral Analyst (BCBA) - Dallas, TX
How Much You’ ll Be Making
BCBA makes $26/hr.
What You' ll Be Doing
The BCBA’ s responsibility is to develop behavior intervention plans, curriculum & goals for student with autism spectrum disorder and other disabilities. The BCBA will monitor progress, develop and monitor implementation of particular protocols, data collection and progress monitoring techniques.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Consult with team members about behavior plans, curriculum modifications, accommodations and social skills and provide staff with resources, tools, and in-center modeling of techniques;
- Assist in overseeing and providing consultation to staff regarding programming, attend parent and staff meetings;
- Assist in the development and overseeing behavior plans for implementation and assess progress of effectiveness of behavior plans and curriculum modifications
- Conduct behavior assessments and devise appropriate behavior plans.
- Create and revise documents for insurance authorizations
- Ensure timely completion of progress reports & graphed data
- Ensure behavioral strategies are implemented consistently and accurately across clinical systems in all settings.
- Develop data-taking mechanisms and reporting strategies for clinical information.
- Attend team meetings as necessary and requested.
- Develop appropriate plans and curriculum for students who require all levels of behavior programming
- Act as an active training member for direct care staff and management staff. This includes on-site staff training, orientation training, clinical and staff meetings.
- Ensure that all staff demonstrates proficiency in using applied behavior analysis by carrying out behavior change projects meeting designated standards of reliability and scientific rigor, satisfactorily answering questions in regard to the principles of behavior, and by demonstrating proficiency on evaluation developed for each of the essential skills of the position.
- Work 1: 1 with students and run social skill groups when necessary
- Assist in supervising 1: 1 teachers and case managers
- Help intake coordinator in ensuring insurance policies are being followed, paperwork is completed and in compliance with insurance standards
- Conduct staff and parent trainings.
- Maintain a professional clinical approach when meeting families and clients. Maintain professional boundaries.
- Uphold the BACB’ s ethical and best practices guidelines.
- Attend community events and run information dissemination booths at events to increase interest and client base
- Other duties as required.
Why You' ll Be Awesome for This Jo
- Ability to teach clients enrolled in ABA Clinic.
- Communication skills: ability to communicate clearly and effectively within a team.
- Exhibit patience, maintain a good sense of humor and be emotionally secure with ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to use good body mechanics in controlling challenging behavior and participating in physical activities with the individuals as part of their program.
- Mobile, with quick response time to emergencies.
- Knowledge of personal hygiene and personal care.
- Knowledge of special needs of individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Care-giving, nurturing; compassionate and patient in establishing relationships with individuals and their family.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be reliable in attendance and timeliness to work schedules.
- Practice good organizational skills.
- Must be flexible and maintain a positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn.
While this position requirement statement is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
This position involves tasks that expose you to mucous membrane or skin contact, blood, body fluids or tissues or the potential for spills and splashes of these fluids. Use of appropriate protective measures (Universal Precautions and Blood borne Pathogen Procedures) is required for every employee engaged in this position.
Perform as Needed
- Abdominal thrust maneuver.
- Respond quickly to life-threatening or emergency situations.
- SAMA techniques.
Tasks that require equipment/tools and knowledge of their safe use:
- Fire alarm devices
- Cell Phones, Intercom, Computers, Copiers, Fax Machine
- Must hold Masters Degree in related field of study and BCBA certification
- Excellent written and vocal communication skills
- Experience supervising 1: 1 ABA staff (behavior technicians and RBTs)
- Experience working with a range of children with autism from those who exhibit severe challenging behaviors to children who with social skills deficits
- Must have clean criminal history and be able to pass the pre-employment process
Required License(s) and Certifications
- Must hold Board Certified Behavior Analyst Certification
- Must maintain current CPR; First Aid; and SAMA certification. (provided by ATC upon hire)
- Must maintain current Texas Drivers License, and driver’ s insurance certificate on file.
Safety and Health Risks
- Blood and bodily fluid exposure.
- Slip and fall exposure.
- Physical and verbal abuse exposure from individuals and/or their families.
- Exposure to muscle strains from lifting, stooping, reaching and twisting.
Why This Job is Awesome for You
- Competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- Health insurance (including dental and vision)
- 401K with discretionary company match
- Performance-based year-end bonus
- Reimbursement for CEUs and professional conferences
Who Are We?
CnStaffing, Inc, a Division of RPC Company, is a medical and healthcare staffing located in North Texas. We specialize in staffing clinical and administrative positions including: LVNs, medical assistants, lab techs, phlebotomists, medical supervisors, transcriptionists, front office staff, insurance specialists, billers, coders, collectors, payment posters, etc...