Business Analyst (Mortgage Servicing) Houston, TX
14405 Walters Rd Houston, TX 77014
- Under the direction of the PMO Director, the Business Analyst will serve as the liaison between business units and the technology team.
- The BA will be responsible for understanding business requirements and challenges for internal clients and turn these into automated solutions.
- This will include mapping business processes, recommending opportunities for improvement, documenting requirements and producing specification.
- Throughout the project lifecycle, the BA will work with the business users, accounting and IT to ensure that solutions meet requirements.
- Assist in coordinating system enhancement requests, create test scripts, conduct testing, and approve for release to production.
- Responsible for interviewing customers to analyze, clarify and document, in writing, business processes and customer requirements in written format.
- Recommend, define, and implement system and/or process options to meet the needs of the customer.
- Create functional specifications documentation that consists of use cases, including documented workflows, business rules, source to target mappings and business requirements
- Work with teams in estimating work efforts through a clear understanding of project priority, scope, plan and business purpose, and proactively work to communicate, reduce, or mitigate project risks and issues.
- Provide new and innovative alternative solutions to system and business process challenges.
- Act as a resource / subject matter expert to translate business objectives into process plans that can be implemented to meet the business needs.
- Conduct fact-finding interviews and/or brainstorming sessions to identify value-creation opportunities and solutions, within the scope of the project and its stated objectives.
- Create and develop the design of new processes, implementation plans and/or change management plans as appropriate to support recommended business process improvements.
- Utilize understanding of desired end state and projected benefits to plan and prioritize project deliverables and milestones, ensuring appropriate accountabilities and monitoring procedures are in place to minimize and control risks and facilitate achievement of project goals.
- Maintain effective working relationships at all levels within the organization Deliver findings and recommendations to business partners.
- Develop solutions for operational issues associated with new service offerings, legislative changes, policy changes, etc.
- Collaborate with related departments/experts to present a united team focused on meeting the needs of the users Support projects as they move from initiation to implementation and conduct project reviews with impacted staff
- Prepare instructional documentation and update user documentation to reflect new modification
- Conduct user training on new enhancements
- Develop and execute User Acceptance Testing
- Develop test cases and test plans to confirm functionality of enhancements
- Execute User Acceptance testing clearly documenting results
- Work in collaboration with technology staff to ensure enhancements meet the needs of the business
- Catalogue and file all backup documentation
- Solid facilitation skills to gather the necessary information to document and/or develop a plan - strategic/tactical Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills are critical Perform related duties as required
- Strong leadership experience in a transformational, fast-paced environment.
- Experience building effective relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to operate and influence at all levels
- Competent in project planning and problem solving.
- Ability to quickly understand (get up to speed on) the current process
- Ability to identify and provide efficient operations through streamlined processes and resources
- Must effectively communicate/converse with business, technical and analytical stakeholders
- Must understand business rules and provide for dynamic case management.
- Ability to investigate, devise, pull together, a business process to create the required future state process