Business Analyst III
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
Job Purpose: Responsible for developing data and reporting products and performing data analysis using SQL and BusinessObjects tools.
- Primarily using SQL, design and create data products and structures to requirements in a data warehouse and data mart environment.
- Design, develop, and maintain recurring reports and products using BusinessObjects tools, such as WEBI and Crystal Reports.
- Develop SQL stored procedures to solve recurring data needs and populate data marts.
- Begin serving as subject matter expert (SME) for business data and BusinessObjects in support of business initiatives.
- In normal business activities, identify data quality issues in your work and others, and resolve such problems.
- With assistance from management, gather requirements, design and development solutions, and quality control reports with varying degrees of complexity.
- With assistance from management, derive business insights from large data sets and communicate relevant findings and risks associated.
- In conjunction with business analysts, financial analysts, and key stake holders within the business, work to obtain requirements and provide customer support for projects.
- Contribute to the design, creation, and implementation of Best Practices training material for team and departmental processes. Adhere to current Best Practices.
- Contribute to the guidance and mentoring of junior analysts and report developers with requirement, design, development and QA phases of projects.
- Bachelor's degree in technical field.
- Five years of experience working with data warehouses and data marts using SQL.
- Five years of experience working with BusinessObjects.
- Knowledge of database concepts. Experience with analytic functions is considered a plus.
- Understanding of report development best practices.
- Understanding of data warehouse and data mart concepts.
- Able to gather requirements, solution design, development, quality assurance, business support, and maintenance of data related projects.
- Able to maintain project documents and project code in an organized fashion.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Able to work with statistical- and transactional-level data, and present and validate data to requirements.
- Experienced in taking initiative towards identifying and solving complex business problems.
- Excellent organizational, project, and time management skills with an attention for details.
- Must be self motivated, a self starter, and driven for achieving success within projects.