Business Operations Analyst - Plano, TX
Strategic Sourcing is responsible for strategically sourcing a portfolio of products and services for Company' s Business Technology Solutions (BTS) department. The BTS team manages more than 150 suppliers contributing to more than $200M in spend.
- The ideal team member will provide the leadership necessary to help our suppliers deliver the most business value to BTS and its customers.
- This role will work with senior leaders to develop sourcing events that will yield contracts that deliver savings, measure key performance metrics, safeguard Company through appropriate contractual terms, mitigate risk, and secure favorable rights, controls, and performance incentives.
- The person performing this role will be capable of influencing across all levels of management, business, supplier teams, and BTS, using experience, negotiation skills, benchmarking and KPI/metric data to affect positive outcomes that exceed expectations.
- Develop, align, and execute strategic sourcing events, leading the negotiation activities for those events
- Review and assess technology proposals for risk and ensure favorable deal terms, competitive pricing, and alignment to business priorities
- Leverage budgets and consolidate demand to identify areas of opportunity for strategically sourcing technology products and services
- Lead BTS teams to find common ground with our suppliers on issues of pricing and performance, key deal terms to realize savings and business outcomes
- Develop and deliver effective executive level communication to ensure understanding of proposals, scenarios, and contracts
- Establish IT contractual agreements by developing proposals that translate efficiently to those IT contractual agreements (SOWs, license agreements, etc.)
- Coach, develop and mentor other team members with a goal of developing expert level strategic sourcing capabilities across the BTS team
- Ensure all aspects of contract sourcing are completed and intervene in case of problems, delays, or disputes, escalating issues when appropriateEnable and govern internal policies, standards, and processes, and templates that drive successful Company IT sourcing events
- Promote and build cross organizational and cross affiliate strategic sourcing processes and practices.
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 8 or more years of demonstrated work experience in IT and this function.
- High-level communication skills to influence and persuade others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and present concepts and recommendations to executive management.
- Experience working in the Office of the CIO or similar function.