Business Systems Analyst Plano, TX
- Business Strength - Must posses ability and skillset necessary to communicate and relate to the business areas being supported.
- When performing the BSA role, everything is based upon the business need and success or failure of the effort is closely tied to understanding/comprehension of what that business requirement is and how it will be configured within the system.
- Technical Strength - Proven experience delivering technology solutions to support business needs. Technical knowledge, understanding of terminology and system structure is required.
- Understanding of how the functional requirements map to the technical requirements and how that fits into the overall solution is expected. SDLC.
- Project Coordination Strength - Organizational skills, communication, following up with appropriate teams, meeting timelines, presentation creation and execution, driving through to resolution, self-starter, ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Focused Area of Responsibility - RSA Archer Enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance (eGRC)Provide Business System Analyst support for Company enterprise wide Archer Governance, Risk and Compliance SaaS hosted solution.
- Bring your knowledge of eGRC and provide analysis and recommendations for solutions involving system design and configuration of the Archer GRC software tool focusing on enterprise wide integration.
- Document Company compliance and risk posture it relates to the organizations key objectives. Support implementation of controls through creation of manuals, reports and presentations
- Facilitate, drive and document eGRC roadmap sessions with business stakeholders across the enterpriseSupport, drive and facilitate enhancements in Legal, Compliance, Internal Audit, Accounting SOX, Risk, Information Security and Vendor Management business areas as needed.
Business System Analyst Role Expectations:
- Collaborate with business partners to analyze and understand business problem/need
- Leverage thorough understanding of the business process and related information systems to create current business process map (as - is process map) and future business process map (to-be process map)
- Leverage thorough understanding of business process and system processes to make recommendations and propose technical/non-technical solutions to meet business requirements
- Collaborate with business partners to define project vision and scope
- Facilitate business requirements gathering sessions with the business owners and key technical resources
- Elicit business and user requirements from business partners using a variety of Industry Standard/Best Practices techniques
- Document, categorize and prioritize business, user and system requirements
- Development and review of business requirements for all in scope work effort
- Provide accurate estimates of effort Validate requirements for quality attributes, such as clarity, conciseness, correctness, completeness, testability, and traceability
- Use a variety of proto-typing techniques to validate and verify that the proposed solution will meet the business and user requirements
- Collaborate with business partners to define acceptance criteria for proposed solution
- Translate the business and user requirements into system requirements.
- Creating and Executing Test ScenariosLiaison with the QA, downstream teams, Vendors, and business users to create and finalize test plan/scenarios
- Facilitate meetings to ensure scenarios are complete
- Execute testing cycles, document results, and create testing sign-off documentation
- Production and Operational Support
- Review designs, test scenarios and results conducted and documented by outsourced service provider to ensure Company business practices are represented
- Ensure that proactive, adaptive, corrective and preventive changes conducted by outsourced service provider are functionally sound and consistent with business needs
- Ensure cross-team impacts and dependencies of production activities have been addressed by outsourced service provider
- Assist team lead/functional manager in outsourced service provider oversight, SLA tracking, and Scorecard reporting
- Provide subject matter expertise to support provider as needed.
- Ensure that business practices are represented in support scripts and incident management activates.
- Proactively identify and suggest improvement areas for Operational Support.
- Support internal/external audit requests Deliver End User Demos and Facilitate Training
- Provide system demos to end users
- Provide training and guidance to new department team members to facilitate knowledge sharing and cross training
- Help Coordinate and facilitate End user Training sessions
- 3-5 years eGRC experience
- Excellent communication skills required and ability to translate business needs into formal business requirements and functional requirements
- Proven experience in effectively communicating and presenting to management across multiple departments
- Lead meetings and collaborate with key stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Self-starter, ability to lead and drive through to resolution with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills and able to prioritize and adjust quickly to changing needs
- Deliver prompt comprehensive status reports
- Coordinate with other BTS (IT) teams to deliver required results
- Manage time across multiple efforts and meet deadlines