Buyer Fort Worth, TX
Fort Worth, TX | Contract To Hire
- Monday thru Friday-5: 00 am to 4: 40 pm
- The pay rate is DOE
- The job location is in Fort Worth, TX 76135
3+ years of applicable experience.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Bachelor' s Degree preferred.
Working towards designation preferred.
Under general supervision, places orders for varieties of materials/supplies, usually with established vendors. Interviews or contacts supplier salespersons, and secures bids. Investigates non-conformances. May expedite/de-expedite the filling of orders by suppliers to meet production. Maintain min/max on inventory levels. May substitute items within pre-approved guidelines. Has authority to commit company to purchases within a maximum set dollar amount as established by management. Maintains a list of preferred suppliers. Prepares routine and special reports as required. Performs complex duties requiring some skills and judgment. Handles special projects, as assigned.
• Purchasing material for assigned inventory and non-stock items.
• Generate purchase orders and insure order conformation form suppliers and system updated to reflect confirmation dates and other changes.
• Resolving errors on purchase orders required.
• Investigating and determining what/how/why material came in incorrectly or damaged.
• Filling purchase orders.
• Reviewing min-max or order inventory stock levels.
- Good communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Basic analytical skills.
- Broad knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures.
- ERP experience.
- This level is developing knowledge and problem solving skills.