Certified Ophthalmic Tech/CMA - Plano, TX
1706 Preston Park Blvd Plano, TX 75093
How Much You’ ll Be Making
Certified Ophthalmic Tech makes $17-$25/hr DOE.
What You' ll Be Doing
The ideal candidate is someone with experience working in a fast paced and growing environment. Under general supervision, to provide medical and technical assistance and support for physicians. Performs ocular screening and assists in various aspects of data collection and monitoring as it pertains to building the patient medical record. Entering patient data into the electronic medical record prior to seeing the physician. Preparing patients for examination, diagnostic testing, and assisting with minor in-office surgeries.
- Patient workups, and obtaining patient medical history, and chief complaint
- Checking visual acuity, IOPs, confrontational fields, APDs, amsler grid testing, dilation, EOM’ s obtaining proper consent/documentation for in-office procedures
- Perform various diagnostic testing: OCT, FA., fundus photography
- Set up patients for in-office procedures: lasers, intravitreal injections, intraocular injections
- Maintaining cleanliness of clinic areas: autoclaving instruments, clean back office waiting rooms, stock/restock examination rooms with necessary supplies
- Understanding/compliance with OSHA, HIPPA and other regulatory safety/office policies and procedures
- Compliance with OSHA, HIPAA and other regulatory safety and office policies and procedures.
- Prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments and maintains equipment, disposing of contaminated items according to protocol. Keeps patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly.
- Travel between other office and / or surgery sites on occasion
- Setting up equipment for doctors
- Coordinating patient appointments at doctors’ requests for other testing or second opinions as needed
- Cross training for front office duties and other duties as assigned
- Willingness to attend continuing medical education classes to enhance skills
Why You' ll Be Awesome for This Job
- Ophthalmology: 3-4 years (Required)
- Technician – 3-5 years
- EMR Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Current Certified Ophthalmic Technician (Required)
- Valid Texas Driver’ s License
- Dallas, Mesquite, Plano, and Waxahachie
- 25% (Required)
Why This Job is Awesome for You
- Paid time off
- Health, Dental, & Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Other types of insurance
Who Are We?
CnStaffing, Inc, a Division of RPC Company, is a medical and healthcare staffing located in North Texas. We specialize in staffing clinical and administrative positions including: LVNs, medical assistants, lab techs, phlebotomists, medical supervisors, transcriptionists, front office staff, insurance specialists, billers, coders, collectors, payment posters, etc...