Cloud Automation Engineer / Cloud Scripting Plano, TX
- Able to work with application teams, governance teams, and other infrastructure developers to gather requirements and design an end to end solution.
- Able to understand a complex manual process and provide a simple and friendly user experience through an automated process.
- Plan, Design, and Implement cloud architectures and integrations.
- Plan, Design, and Implement virtual private cloud environments, including server, storage, subnets, etc.
- In depth knowledge of AWS CloudFormation template builds, Terraform script creation, JSON, and YAML.
- Knowledge of market trends and best practices of cloud computing.
- Proven knowledge and experience building scalable production systems.
- Establish services, processes and tools to support cloud presence.
- Analyze existing technology and define new architectures for cloud design and define migration strategies.Implement environment build and execute migration strategy.
- Work with application teams to identify their cloud infrastructure requirements
- Facilitate their integration of CI/CD tools with cloud infrastructure
- Able to communicate infrastructure prerequisites and guide applications teams to utilize best practices.
- 3+ Years experience implementing AWS, Azure solutions.
- 2+ Years experience working with Unix/Linux/Windows Platforms.
- 3+ Years experience working with Hybrid Cloud Solution offering IaaS, PaaS and XaaS.
- 2+ Years exposure with VMware Virtualization.
- 3+ Years exposure with security and compliance controls.
- 2+ Years exposure working with Backup and Recovery Solutions in the Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud and Virtual environments.
- In depth knowledge of making, editing, and version controlling CloudFormation Templates.
- In depth knowledge of making, editing, and version controlling Terraform scripts.
- In depth knowledge with AWS and Azure service offerings (compute, storage, network, content delivery, database, analytics, big data, management, monitoring).Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exposure to CI/CD pipelines (i.e. Jenkins) and their integration to infrastructure.
- Comfortable with web technologies including HTTPS, SSL/TLS, and REST.
- Ability to have an open dialog with an application team, learn their applications function and API to build extensive integrations.
- Certification on AWS, Azure architecture
- Exposure with Cloud Management Platforms (CMPs) for Cloud Infrastructure Automation and Orchestration(VMWare/RedHat Cloudforms).
- Experience in ServiceNow Scripting (Catalog, Workflow, and Orchestration Design)
- Experience working with VMWare vRA and vROExperience working with Oracle Virtualization (OVM)
- Experience working with IP Management Solutions (Infoblox IPAM).
- Experience working with Symantec Netbackup for the Virtual Infrastructure.