Cloud Automation Engineer Chef Developer Plano, TX
Able to work with application teams, governance teams, and other infrastructure developers to gather requirements and design an end to end solution.
Able to understand a complex manual process and provide a simple and friendly user experience through an automated process.
Plan, Design, and Implement Cloud/Infrastructure Automation.
Plan, Design, and Implement Infrastructure Configuration Management and Infrastructure Automation standards.
Extensive knowledge of Chef Server (set up, run, and maintain), Cookbook creation, Chef Environment Maintenance, & Version pinning.
Experience with Artifactory (set up, run, and maintain), Repo naming conventions, tagging, troubleshooting, HA and DR configuration, Mission control management (XRay knowledge is a plus).
Knowledge of market trends and best practices of cloud computing.
Establish services, processes and tools to support cloud presence.
Analyze existing technology and define new architectures for cloud design and define migration strategies.Implement environment build and execute migration strategy.
- 3+ Years experience working with Chef Enterprise, Cookbook development, Automate, Inspec/Compliance.
- 3+ Years experience working with Ansible Community edition and/or RedHat Ansible Tower, Playbook development.
- 3+ Years experience working with JSON, YAML, and Git Markdown language.
- 2+ Years exposure working with Hybrid Cloud Solution offering IaaS, PaaS and XaaS.
- 2+ Years exposure with VMware Virtualization.
- 2+ Years exposure with CloudFormation Templates.
- 2+ Years exposure with Terraform scripts.
- 2+ Years exposure with AWS and Azure service offerings (compute, storage, network, content delivery, database, analytics, big data, management, monitoring).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with web technologies including HTTPS, SSL/TLS, and REST.
- Ability to have an open dialog with an application team, learn their applications function and API to build extensive integrations.
- Certification on AWS, Azure architecture.
- Certification on Chef (All five badges)
- Exposure with Cloud Management Platforms (CMPs) for Cloud Infrastructure Automation and Orchestration(VMWare/RedHat Cloudforms).
- Experience in ServiceNow Scripting (Catalog, Workflow, and Orchestration Design)
- Experience working with VMWare vRA and vROExperience working with Oracle Virtualization (OVM)Experience working with IP Management Solutions (Infoblox IPAM).
- Experience working with Symantec Netbackup for the Virtual Infrastructure.