Cloud Engineer (Linux) Plano, TX
- Plan, Design, and Implement cloud architectures
- Plan, Design, and Implement the virtual private cloud environment, including server, storage, subnets, availability zones, etc
- Plan, Design, and Implement the cloud network architecture including connectivity between regions and zones
- Plan, Design, and Implement HA and DR strategiesIn depth knowledge of cloud services like EC2, S3, VPC, Redshift, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Storage, Virtual Network, SQL Data Warehouse
- Knowledge of market trends and best practices of cloud computing
- Proven knowledge and experience building scalable production systems
- Establish services, processes and tools to support cloud presence
- Analyze existing technology and define new architectures for cloud design and define migration strategiesImplement environment build and execute migration strategy.
- 3+ Years experience implementing AWS, Azure solutions
- 4+ Years experience working with Unix/Linux/Windows Platforms.
- 3+ Years experience working with Hybrid Cloud Solution offering IaaS, PaaS and XaaS.
- 3+ Years exposure with VMware Virtualization
- 3+ Years exposure with security and compliance controls
- 2+ Years exposure working with Backup and Recovery Solutions in the Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud and Virtual environments.
- Experience provisioning AWS and Azure solutions and servicesIn depth knowledge of AWS and Azure service offerings (compute, storage, network, content delivery, database, analytics, big data, management, monitoring)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsIntermediate to Advanced knowledge of scripting (shell, python, powershell)
- Comfortable with web technologies including HTTP, SSL/TLS, SOAP, and RESTExposure with Cloud Management Platforms (CMPs) for Cloud Infrastructure Automation and Orchestration(VMWare/RedHat Cloudforms).
- Ability to have an open dialog with an application team, learn their applications function and API to build extensive integrations.Certification on AWS, Azure architecture
- Experience in ServiceNow Scripting (Catalog, Workflow, and Orchestration Design)
- Experience working with VMWare vRA and vRO
- Experience working with Oracle Virtualization (OVM)
- Experience working with IP Management Solutions (Infoblox IPAM).
- Experience working with Symantec Netbackup for the Virtual Infrastructure.