Communications Manager Plano, TX
Plano, TX 75024 Plano, TX 75024
Communications Manager - Plano, TX
The Corporate Communications Manager supports the Chief Information Officer (CIO) in a multifaceted role encompassing media relations, event coordination, and executive support.The position involves creating powerful messages, storylines, and strategic programs that drive favorable perception of the department with external audiences, while also monitoring the overall effectiveness and results of these programs.The person in the role will work closely with company executives, key internal stakeholders across a broad matrixed organization, to maintain and strengthen the department brand and reputation.
- Develop a comprehensive, multi-dimensional communications strategy to increase overall brand awareness, reputation and engagement.
- Identify opportunities for extending and amplifying current communications programs.
- Prepare executives for public presentations (town halls, team gatherings etc.) to help ensure key messages are consistently conveyed
- Providing oversight and strategic planning for Town halls for the OCIO.
- Person needs to be able to write releases for upcoming events and should be able to get in buy-in for proposals.
- Help prepare, write, edit or format communications on behalf IT executives. Partner with internal groups/leaders to craft messages and ensure consistent brand messaging.
- Run daily scrum meetings.
- Maintain calendar of communications and communication mediums across IT to maximize brand and strategic impact.
- Organize and run department events (i.e. Town Halls), including room/food reservations, presentation materials preparation, audio/visual requirements and other logistics.
- Manage multiple design projects by acting as liaison between IDS and our design services partners.
- Develop key messages and draft press releases, and other corporate materials.
- Coordinate multiple communications
- Bachelors Degree in related field 5+ years of experience in Corporate Communications including PR, Crisis Management, CSR, Community Relations, Media Relations, or Corporate Executive Communications
- Excellent persuasive writing, editing and verbal communications skills, including presentation skills
- Exceptional collaboration and influencing skills with a track record of successfully interfacing with executives and gaining buy-in for program proposals
- Experience building strategic communications plans and managing media relations programs that deliver measurable results
- Background managing community relations or government programs
- Proven ability to think ahead, problem solve, engage proactively and take initiative
- Strong process-minded planner who can determine deadlines, logistics and operational plans for multi-dimensional programs and events
- Person must be extremely sharp, polished, & professional, as they will be directly supporting the CIO of TFS
- Candidates dont need to have any IT domain experience