Contracts Specialist Plano, TX
This assignment will support Company' s business units' moderate to high complexity, contracting activities specific to Information Technology. This resource will work in the Vendor Management Office (VMO), to support business unit requests to procure services related to Company' s Information Technology functions. The Resource must have the ability to interpret, amend and negotiate innovative and favorable contractual terms with business unit customers and suppliers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key supplier representatives and internal customers and stakeholders
- Develop/Administer Master Agreements, Addendums, Statements of Work, Amendments, Product Schedules, Renewals and Extensions and Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Perform data analysis and research of purchase orders, contract documents, procurement summary memorandums and reports
- Contract/policy and procedure compliance
- Support VMO contracting team with other contracting activities as required
- Some IT contacting background
- Experienced contracts professional with 3-5 years of experience in IT contract development, negotiations, and contract management.
- Drafting and negotiating Statements of Work with a high focus on: Software license agreements (including software as a service, maintenance, hosting, SLAs, etc.); IT and Business Process outsourcing agreements (managed services, help desk, data center agreements, service management); Hardware (who the major suppliers are, how they price their products/services, how you source/negotiate, etc.)
- Proven ability to negotiate fixed bid contracts with clear and actionable SLAs and deliverables
- Proven ability to interpret complex policy, legal, contractual or regulatory procurement requirements and develop/manage effective contracts
- Demonstrated analytical and negotiation skills
- A strong working knowledge of contracts
- Ability to effectively work in a matrix team environment with minimal oversight and maximum flexibility
- Possess strong project management skills
- Possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills, superior relationship management
- The ability to multitask, and have a good sense of prioritization and familiarization with corporate budget process
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Financial Services industry experience
- Experience in sourcing/procurement, including gathering bids and coordinating competitive process
- Familiarity with MyService/SNOW a benefit
- Proficiency is Sharepointe
- Marketplace knowledge