Cost Accountant - Sulphur, OK
This is a direct hire position. Salary starts at $50, 000 DOE.
Under general supervision, performs general and cost accounting work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involving limited responsibility. May prepare income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and various other accounting statements and management reports. Analyzes financial and manufacturing reports and records, makes studies or recommendations relative to accounting reserves and assets. Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal vouchers, accounting methods and procedures. Handles special projects, as assigned.
· Perform activities of the cost accounting function.
· Development and maintenance of standard costs.
· Prepare monthly product line financial reporting and coordinate month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing. Summarize the operating insights into what is driving the financial results. Explain variances from forecast. Monitor performance to key financial and operating goals.
· Coordinate analysis related to product line profitability and expense variance analysis.
· Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies, reconciliation of inter-company transactions.
· Coordinate Audits providing request information on a timely basis.
· Maintain a listing of all completed Journal Entries and Schedules assuring completion in the designated time
· Interface with management in various departments, providing information and various analyses on a daily basis.
· Support initiatives for process improvements such as cost accounting, expense analysis and margin analysis or other opportunities.
· Coordinates and audits cycle count process on a weekly basis.
· Possesses and applies a knowledge of accounting principles and practices related to a manufacturing environment.
· Good attention to detail with good analytical skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Advanced PC skills, including strong Excel and presentation skills.
· Ability to handle multiple activities successfully.
· Ability to work in team-oriented environment.
· Bachelor' s Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
· Experience in a Manufacturing environment required
· Oil and gas industry experience a plus
· 3+ years of experience or Master' s Degree in Accounting / Finance.