Curative Coordinator Houston, TX
14405 Walters Rd Houston, TX 77014
Manage day to day activities of our outside title curative vendors and legal counsel, as well as in-house departments. Coordinate activities between these parties on assigned files to ensure that bottlenecks are identified and eliminated timely. Ensure that title issues associated with assignable loans are remediated quickly and accurately.
- Manage the resolution productivity of outside title curative vendors against established Service Level Agreements.
- Maintain curative portfolio of titles, including: aging, impediments and ETA.
- Work with available resources to resolve any title related issues.
- Contact servicers and foreclosure attorneys to obtain necessary documents.
- Ensure that all bills are paid and current.
- Communicate with servicers to ensure that all information is current and updated.
- Cure title impairments by obtaining lien releases and negotiates with the title provider to determine resolution of judgments, senior liens, and others issues.
- Manage time sensitive deadlines and communicates with associates in other departments in order to meet departmental goals.
- Order the filing of title claims, working with attorneys to resolve title issues, or defense litigation surrounding title defects that cause an impediment to obtaining title to the property or conveying title to investors/insurers.
- Handle more complex levels of transactions with limited supervision to complete daily tasks and duties.
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
- Bachelor' s Degree or at least five years related experience in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of curative and closing experience.
- Reverse mortgage experience preferred.
- Effective customer service and communication.
- Ability to manage high volumes with accuracy.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Strong Team Player. Position requires interaction with all interoffice personnel, managers and officers as well as the public and outside vendors.
In addition to the Company' s standard background check, this position also requires the successful completion of a background check conducted by the FDIC to include criminal background check, credit check and fingerprinting.