Customer Data Quality Analyst Plano, TX
Plano, TX | Contract
- The Business Intelligence organization manages business (non-technical) functionality of the enterprise customer master database.
- Major areas of responsibility for this group include:
- Performing manual data corrections, both proactively and in responsive to problem tickets
- Identifying data-quality trends which may indicate application or system-integration defects
- Working with information-technology resources to perform root-cause analysis for incorrect data
- Tracking identified data-quality issues for resolution
- Coordinating with information-technology resources to prioritize system/integration issues for resolution
- Developing and maintaining procedural documentation around data-corrections processes
- Representing the BI organization on initiatives which impact customer data
- Developing and executing user-acceptance and regression test plans for defect fixes, enhancements, and project implementations
- Training incoming team members in these job functions
- Participating in other Business Intelligence data-quality initiatives as needed
- The training period is extensive due to the complexity of the applications and research requirements, so the first few months of work are primarily data-entry, with new responsibilities added as the resource becomes proficient in each new task.
- Typing ~30 WPM
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Tech-savvy (will be utilizing 6+ enterprise application + MS Office)
- Basic data-analysis aptitude
- Willingness to travel to Torrance for several periods of training (week at a time)
- An effective verbal and written communicator
- Not expecting to do coding, programming, or any other hands-on technical work
- Able to create and maintain documents in Word, Excel, etc.
- One nice-to-have would be experience is creating and executing user-acceptance tests, but that can be trained for.
- Experience with Microsoft Access databases
- Hyperion and/or SQL
- Experience with integrated enterprise applications
- Experience with basic compliance requirements in finance industry
- Recent college graduate would be preferred