Customer Service Representative
6700 Pinecrest Drive Suite 200 Plano, TX 75024 | Contract To Hire
This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and assists department’ s management in the daily operations which include but not limited to: inbound and outbound calls, check patients, and administrative duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer patient and facility calls promptly, professionally and pleasantly
- Assist patients with cardiac monitoring device issues
- Assist facilities and doctors with questions and when able to assist transfer them to the appropriate department
- Contact patients when EKG’ s are not reading when required to do so on weekends and when requested
- Complete daily assigned server workflow
- Assist the EKG Tech Center with transferred calls, troubleshoot and provide solutions
- Call patients when monitors are not reading their device and assist to ensure device is being used properly
- Initiates courtesy calls to patients to confirm delivery of monitor, assist with monitoring start-up, takes notes and enter into database
- Check for past due monitoring durations, call patients and assist with powering-off their device
- Upload information into service desk website
- Assign new patient sessions when needed
- Provide administrative support to shipping department as required
- Demonstrate compliance with departmental and company procedures and policies
- Regular attendance, timeliness and flexibility to work on weekends and alternative shifts.
- Complies with HIPAA guidelines concerning PHI (Protected Health Information)
- Dependability: The employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments. Being dependable also includes promptness, regular attendance and compliance with work/departmental policies, procedures and protocols.
- Communication & Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, peers, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationship with Others & Attitude: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, peers, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Self-Motivation & Initiative: The employee asks questions concerning projects and assigned tasks. The employees volunteers to take on addition responsibilities to meet the needs of the department.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Ability to listen closely and empathize with customers and patients
- Excellent written and clear verbal communication skills
- Ability to relate and communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Possess strong and effective customer service skills
- Display of excellent judgement and decision making ability at all times
- Ability to evaluate situations and analyze data quickly
- Consistent attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to memorize protocol and guidelines
- Must be a team player, be flexible, and be a good listener with a high level of patience
- Ability to manage sensitive, confidential issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment
- Basic data entry and computer skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Education and work experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one to three years prior customer service and phone experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior healthcare experience
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; lift up to 25 lbs.; and reach with hands and arms.