Customer Support Manager - Addison, TX
4550 Excel Parkway 200 Addison, Texas 75001 | Direct Hire
Responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations of the customer support team. The Support Manager’ s primary function is managing, scheduling, training and motivating the team of support representatives; as well as suggesting, consulting and implementing improved processes and policies to increase efficiencies. Additionally, this role is responsible for tools that automate and encourage self-help online as well as using tools to analyze support data including issue types and trends, return types and trends, key customer account activities, and product issues and concerns. This role processes transactions created and handled within the Support group. This person must remain focused on creating a first-class support experience for each and every customer, working well with the support team, and fostering collaboration when coordinating with all other departments.
The Support Manager ensures Support team members have a clear focus on the customer using a consultative, servant’ s heart-led, and transparent leadership approach. This person creates accountability for the business to address common customer issues and needs, encourages and empowers the whole organization to provide excellent service, and defines standards to ensure uniformity across all customer touch-points throughout company. As a result, this role has high contact and collaboration with Sales, Engineering and Operations.
- Oversee support team, monitoring day-to-day volumes, and motivating team to achieve key performance metrics
- Measure team and report on metrics, as well as regularly evaluate team members through quality assurance reviews of agents tickets and calls – mentoring each agent for improved performance
- Measure customer concerns, issue types, trends, and elevate issues for product, operational or engineering departments to further review
- Manage and maintain Zendesk: ticket fields, views, product drop downs, etc.
- Knowledgeable of NetSuite CRM, sales data, and sales/operations order processes
- Monitor self-help article usage and directing strategies and tactics aimed to improve online self-help initiatives
- Meet with team leads and team on weekly basis to discuss product, trending issues, areas of improvement, and process/policy reminders and changes
- Handle customer escalations as necessary