Document Custody Associate Tempe, AZ
2100 E Elliot Rd Tempe, AZ 85284
Responsible for preparing lien releases on manufactured home and chattel loans, preparing satisfactions on mechanics lien loans and preparing UCC terminations. Responsible for responding to inquiries from internal and external business partners regarding lien release requests as well as customer requests. Prepare documents to be sent to the customer, Department of Motor Vehicles, County or State as required.
Essential Functions/Specific Duties:
- Prepare lien releases on manufactured homes and chattel loans.
- Prepare satisfactions/releases/discharges on mechanics lien loans.
- Prepare Uniform Commercial Code termination documents.
- Review collateral documents (contract, note, certificate of title, UCC, etc.).
- Review and respond to inquiries from internal and external business partners.
- Review and respond to inquiries from customers related to the lien release process.
- Update the servicing system(s) and image copies of all lien releases processed.
- Print required letters and mail lien release documents as required.
- Follow State Statutes for timing and handling of lien releases.
- Schedule and prioritize tasks and responsibilities to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Education: Post high school education preferred
- Previous experience in the mortgage industry required
- Previous experience with mortgage documents is required
- Previous experience with manufactured home and chattel documents is required
- Previous PC and MS Office product experience and/or knowledge
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed, energetic and quality focused
- Meet company and departmental attendance policies
- Capable of handling oneself in a professional manner at all times while collaborating with both internal and external business partners
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Be accountable for work and actions
Conditions of Work:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Use of a computer for long periods of time including typing and viewing monitor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Ability to lift 30 - 40 pounds
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the positions requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties as necessary.