Document Custody Service Representative
14405 Walters Rd Houston, TX 77014
Document Custody Service Rep (Collateral) - Houston, TX
Clearing recorded mortgage exceptions, final policy exceptions, data exceptions. tracking down recorded and final title policies. Experience with COLLATERAL EXCEPTIONS.
- Prepare and ship assignment of mortgage or deed of trust, allonge, and substitution of trustee documents.
- Research and verify complete chain of assignments.
- Track requests and monitor reports to follow up on outstanding documentation
- Work with customers and 3rd party companies to obtain documents required to process requests.
- Update the MERS System as necessary.
- Scan and index completed requests.
- Other duties as necessary.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years experience in mortgage servicing or originations.
- Prior document preparation experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of mortgage documents and ability to read title reports preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be detail-oriented and focused
- Able to work under pressure with short deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to type a minimum of 35-40 words per minute.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Word and Excel
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds