Escrow Specialist Houston, TX
14405 Walters Rd Houston, TX 77014
Under the general supervision of the Property Tax Manager and the Tax Administration Supervisor, the Tax Specialist will be responsible for the timely tracking, researching, reviewing tax documents, and paying taxes on Reverse Mortgage Loans while ensuring goals, service level agreements and quality metrics are achieved in compliance with client expectations and applicable internal and external controls and guidelines.
Essential Functions/Specific Duties:
- Research tax amounts and pay delinquent taxes.
- Review tax bill prior to payment ensuring SOX Control and Tax Departments Tax Disbursement Checklist is being followed.
- Research and review tax documents for accuracy in regards to Assignment Tax.
- Set up/inactivate default timelines on Navigator, the company loan servicing database.
- Review and complete Assignment Tax timelines on Navigator, the company loan servicing database.
- Communicate with federal, state, local tax authorities entities to resolve issues.
- Monitor Tax Inquiries inbox ensuring incoming faxes & emails are handled timely.
- Update Navigator with notes; have required documents imaged.
- Respond in writing to customer correspondence/inquiries.
- Make and handle telephone calls to/from tax agencies, attorneys, vendors, etc.
- Request new/changes to vendor payees.
- Responsible to keep up with RESPA regulations/guidelines and applying it to daily work.
- Assist on special projects whenever needed.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
Post high school education preferred in accounting, business, finance or related fields or 1-2 years equivalent work experience. Excellent verbal, written, organizational, problem solving and presentation skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word.