Facilities Maintenance Irving, TX
2425 E Pioneer St Irving, TX 75061
Facilities Maintenance - Irving, TX
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Perform electrical, plumbing, and equipment maintenance and cleaning work requirements of the facilities department.
- Be responsible for the pickup, segregation and proper disposal of all waste in the building.
- Keep outside contractor personnel safe by providing safety orientation to the facility; issue personal protective equipment according to company standards.
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance on building and industrial equipment and machinery.
- Serve as the backup to, and assist when needed, the Shipping & Receiving Clerk in the packaging, labeling and scheduling and receiving of shipments.
- Carry cell-phone and be on-call for emergency facility maintenance issues.
- Enhance the facilities and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other job responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in industrial or manufacturing facility maintenance; prefer 3 years’ experience supervising/leading others; an equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Must have knowledge of basic electrical & plumbing systems and proper usage of common hand and power tools.
- Must have knowledge of proper safety protocol.
- Must have experience performing preventative maintenance (PM) on industrial machinery & equipment.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and adhere to proper security measures.
- License as a plumber, carpenter or electrician a plus, but not required.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel; experience with MS Project or Visio a plus.
- Good communication skills, organizational ability and positive attitude.
- Prior experience using a forklift & man lift a plus.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
Must be able to safely bend, crawl, lift up to 100 lbs., reach, walk, stand, climb ladders, use hand and power tools, and perform other common physical tasks to effectively perform building maintenance duties, with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
Must have a valid driver’ s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.