Finishing Technicians - Bryan, TX
831 Industrial Blvd Bryan, Texas 77803 | Contract To Hire
Do you have Autobody Work experience?
Join a global oilfield products company, serving the drilling, subsea, completion, production and infrastructure sectors of the oil and natural gas industry. Our products include highly engineered capital equipment as well as products that are consumed in the drilling, well construction, production and transportation of oil and natural gas.
POSITION TITLE: Finishing Technicians (Subsea - submarine department)
POSITION LOCATION: Bryan, TX
POSITION PAY: $14-
Shift: 7 am - 330 pm - Monday - Thursday
# of openings: 1
Location: Bryan, TX
Business Line: Syntactic Foam
The primary focus of this position is to take rough cut syntactic foam, patch any holes and sand smooth to final dimensions. Each unit going through production will require a different level of patching and sanding to reach a paint ready surface. This role will require attention to detail to work units to their drawings and will utilize various hand and power tools.
- Patching voids in surfaces
- Sanding surfaces smooth
- Measuring product dimensions to match drawings
- Documenting and tracking jobs worked on
- Identifying and reporting any nonconforming product
- Other duties as assigned
- Regular attendance is required to fulfill the essential functions of the job
- Attention to detail
- Work with minimal supervision
- Comply to all company safety rules and regulations
- May be required to wear certain safety equipment such as respirators, disposable gloves, etc.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to pass a respirator medical evaluation and fit test
Education and Experience:
- High school or GED preferred
- Experience with drywall patching preferred
- Knowledge of pneumatic and electric power tools
- Knowledge of standard hand tools
- Ability to use standard measuring equipment
- Good communication skills