Fraud Administrator Plano, TX
Plano, TX | Contract
This position will support the Fraud Team members with administrative needs/tasks, as well as conduct fraud investigations of credit applications using company approved investigative tools. Investigations will eventually advance to retail/lease contract investigations.
Reason for contingent headcount?
Need administrative assistance and assistance with credit application fraud detection, backfilling existing position
Fraud Control, various departments at Headquarters in Plano, also communicating with Dealer Sales Offices around the country and teams in three Customer Service Centers. (AZ, CA, and TX)
Essential Job Functions / Accountabilities
% of Time Spent
Review and respond to the Fraud Investigation requests from Dealer Sales Offices for new credit applications - 40%
Process all Social Security Number update requests to TFS/LFS accounts. - 5%
Answer inbound phone calls, review and respond to department voice messages, and make outbound calls as necessary. - 15%
Process faxes, emails, physical mail, and inobund fraud investigation requests for the appropriate distribution and/or handling. - 10%
Manage the electronic filing of all fraud department related documents ensuring they are legible and successfully placed in the accounts electronic folder. - 10%
Assist with conducting fraud investigations on retaill/lease contracts. - 15%
Enter suspicious activity data using Excel daily - 5%
The following functions/accountabilities are essential for all jobs:
- Work collaboratively with team members
- Meet regular performance expectations
- Must have well developed communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to type quickly and accurately, necessary for entering data in the Fraud database.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance to support team and business objectives.
- Capability to work flexible hours, which may include day, evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to be at work on time, to return from breaks and lunch periods on time and to leave the work area after the end of their scheduled workday (applicable to jobs subject to attendance policy)
- Other related functions/accountabilities may be assigned, but are not essential
Additional Job Functions
- Special projects as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Assist with conducting more complicated investigations
- AA degree or higher 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong Data Entry experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) - they will be using Access-based database systems Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function in ambiguous and stressful situations
- Proficiency with changing priorities and strict deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- B.A. or B.S. degree in related field strongly preferred or comparable work experience