3110 W. Noble Guthrie, Oklahoma 76044 | Contract
Do you have Lean Manufacturing experience?
Join a global oilfield products company, serving the drilling, subsea, completion, production and infrastructure sectors of the oil and natural gas industry. Our products include highly engineered capital equipment as well as products that are consumed in the drilling, well construction, production and transportation of oil and natural gas.
POSITION TITLE: General Team Lead – Lean Manufacturing
POSITION LOCATION: Guthrie, OK
POSITION PAY: $17-22/hr DOE
We are a global oilfield products company, serving the drilling, subsea, completion, production and infrastructure sectors of the oil and natural gas industry. Our products include highly engineered capital equipment as well as products that are consumed in the drilling, well construction, production and transportation of oil and natural gas.
- Facilitate continuous improvement activities.
- Develops and implements standard work.
- Recommends and implements improvements in the production process.
- Create flow in the shop using Lean philosophy.
- Teach lean tools to hourly employees.
- Point of Contact (POC) for implementation of new equipment and for making improvements on existing equipment.
- Oversees, and performs clerical and administrative support tasks.
- Provide support to department personnel and Manager as well as direct communication.
- Establishes work procedures and standards to improve efficiency and effectiveness of assigned operations with Accounting, Engineering, Human Resources and other departments required.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with established corporate standards.
- Able to work overtime as needed.
- Labor ticket entry for hourly service employees and allocate time where needed.
- Create material requisitions for the purchase of various services and products.
- Created work orders, drawing packages, and revise work orders as needed. Coordinate with warehouse to release shipment for invoicing.
- Create and maintain job folders containing service tickets, safety cards, inspection sheets, and all internal/external emails pertaining to each individual job.
- Provides product support and manufacturing support.
- May assist technical support teams in testing new applications and problem solving.
- Purchasing material for assigned inventory and non-stock items.
- Generate purchase orders and insure order conformation form suppliers and system updated to reflect confirmation dates and other changes.
- Resolving errors on purchase orders required.
- Investigating and determining what/how/why material came in incorrectly or damaged.
- Filling purchase orders.
- Reviewing min-max or order inventory stock levels.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons, using stenciling equipment.
- Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
- Nails covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal tape, using strapping machine.
- Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- May operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
- May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience and exposure to lean processes preferred.
- Computer skills including knowledge of MS Office software packages and/or company-specific databases.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work well with deadlines and possess good organizational skills.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated maturity in ability to follow and apply company policies to situations as appropriate.
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Demonstrates group presentation skills;
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively.
- Support organization’ s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing – uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Dependability – able to follow instructions as well as take responsibility for own actions.
- Able to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Change agent with abilities to influence others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good communication, negotiation, organizational and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Some College Preferred.
- 2+ years’ manufacturing experience in manufacturing.
- Knowledge of oil and gas process equipment, manufacturing and components preferred.
- Knowledge of lean processes.